Since its inception our Residential Slat has consistently proved to be a high quality, robust and well accepted profile so therein provided the perfect solid platform on which to develop the “Stormshield” profile. The development and introduction of the High Density Foam (HDF) offers remarkable advantages where there is high wind or high risk. The HDF is injected into the slat profile under controlled conditions during the manufacturing roll-forming process.
Stormshield is available in both restrained and non restrained options. Our HDF filled profile combined with restrained guides has been tested successfully to meet with cyclone category 3 regulations, while the HDF unrestrained provides an option with standard materials where extra strength and security is required.
Features & Benefits
- Cat 3 cyclone rating
- Premium insulation
- Increased strength and security
- Light control
- Minimal flex
- Available in restrained and unrestrained
- Ideal for closing in outdoor areas
- Australian Standard AS / NZS 1170.2 - 2002 Structural Design Action Part 2: Wind Actions was used to determine the cyclonic wind loading for roller shutters fitted to a suburban house with an average roof height of 5m located in a sheltered Terrain Category 3 Region C cyclonic location. The design wind speed is calculated to be 47 metres per second (169.2 kl/h).
- The Australian Standard AS 4040. 3 – 1992 Methods of Testing Sheet Roof and Wall Cladding, Method 3: Resistance to Wind Pressures for Cyclone Regions was used to an ultimate load pressure of 2.50 kPa, which is needed to fulfil the requirements.
The HDF Super Shutter passed cyclic fatigue loads of 10,200 cycles at incremental increases to the final load, supporting the final single cycle pressure of 2.5kPa for 1 minute. The shutter deflection only increase to a nominal distance of 82mm from the standard rest position during the tests.
800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, 3200, 3400, 3600, 3800, 4000, 4200, 4400, 4600
800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, 3200, 3400, 3600, 3800
About DIY Blinds
We are Australia’s premier destination for DIY blinds, shutters, awnings and more. Located in Melbourne, we have been fitting Australian homes and businesses with top of the line shutters for over 20 years. Our team is passionate about empowering everyday Aussies to try their hands at DIY projects, whether they’re a DIY novice or a renovation veteran. Our products come with straightforward, simple instructions, making it easy for DIY-ers of any skill level to install their DIY Blinds. However, we also offer a professional installation service for our customers who’d prefer to save a little time. Our products are made-to-order and we endeavour to have each order delivered to its new home within 3 weeks of the purchase date.
Purchase your shutters today
Explore our security shutter range online and find the perfect shutters for your windows today. For more information or assistance finding the most suitable shutters, we encourage you to reach out to our knowledgeable team, who are on hand to help you with anything you need. We are looking forward to chatting with you and getting you set up with the security shutters you’ve been looking for.